SHIPPING INCLUDED ON ALL ORDERS!
Ginger Molasses Cookies
Serves: 14 cookies
Total time: 3 ½ hours
What you need:
- ¼ cup flax seeds, finely ground in blender
- ¾ cup water
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 1 cup demerara sugar
How to make it:
- Pre-heat oven at 325 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flax seeds and water in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, measure together AP flour, WW flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, black pepper, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In mixer with paddle attachment, emulsify molasses, brown sugar, canola oil and flax/water mixture. Add flour mixture. Mix halfway, add candied ginger and mix just until all flour is absorbed.
- Refrigerate dough at least 3 hours or overnight. Scoop into 2oz portions, flatten to 1-inch thick discs and dip both sides in demerara sugar.
- Place cookies on sheet pan about an inch apart. Bake at 325 degrees F for 16 minutes, turning once.