FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
Miso Butter Steak Salad
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What You Need:
- 2 (12 oz) Ribeye or New York strip steaks (about 1 ¼ inches thick)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-4 heads of hardy lettuces (we used arugula)
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- Toasted sesame oil
- Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso sauce
How to Make It:
- Let the steaks rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before you cook them
- Heat vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmery and VERY hot
- Place steaks in skillet and cook, undisturbed, until seared on bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until steak for about 3-4 minutes longer. Both sides should be seared and the internal temp should be 135-140 degrees.
- Remove steaks to a plate to rest for 10 minutes
- While the steaks are resting, prepare the greens and radishes on a platter and drizzle with sesame oil and coconut aminos. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Once the steak has rested, return to pan over medium heat. Add butter and about ¼ pouch of Gingery Miso sauce. Spoon the melted miso-butter over steaks and baste constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Slice the steak and serve on top of the salad. Drizzle with warm miso butter