FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
Gingery Miso & Panko Crusted Tofu
Cooking Time: 30 mins
What You Need:
- 8 oz firm tofu
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso Sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
How To Make Them:
- Cut tofu into ½ inch thick slices and press most of the liquid out by placing sliced tofu between two plates weighed down with a can for at least 15 minutes. Drain the liquid from tofu.
- Create your breading station. Using three bowls, mix together flour and cornstarch in one bowl. Pour ½ pouch of Gingery Miso sauce in another bowl. Mix together breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in the final bowl.
- Dredge the tofu slices first in the flour mixture, coating both sides, then in the sauce and finally the breadcrumb mixture.
- Using a non-stick skillet under medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and crunchy.