FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
One Pan Harissa Steak with Peppers & Onions
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 pound of flank steak or skirt steak, cut into ½ inch-wide strips
- 1 Pouch Haven’s Kitchen Zippy Chili Harissa
- Olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 bell peppers (or 7 mini sweet peppers) of various colors, sliced lengthwise into strips
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional: 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded, ribs removed, finely chopped
How to Make Them:
- Marinate the steak:Toss the steak with about ½ pouch of Harissa and a glug of olive oil. Let it sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Prepare to cook the meat by dabbing off any extra marinade.
- In a large pan, heat up enough oil to coat the bottom and once it’s shimmering, add the steak in an even layer, without moving it, for 3 minutes, then flip.
- Once the meat is seared on both sides, remove from pan and set aside. Meanwhile, in the same pan, add the onions and peppers. Let the veggies cook for a bit, undisturbed, then sauté for about 5 minutes till the onions are soft and browned.
- Add the steak back into the pan with the veggies, squeeze some lime, and top with cilantro and jalapeño.