Cashew Tofu Broccoli Stir-fry
V, GF, Paleo, Whole30
What you need:
- 8 oz. Firm tofu
- grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into even, small pieces (using both florets and peeled stems)
- ½ cup thinly-sliced scallions, plus extra for garnish
- Haven’s Kitchen Nutty Lemongrass Sauce
- ¼ cup toasted cashews, chopped
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
How to make it:
- For the best tofu, try pressing it ahead of time by placing sliced tofu between two plates weighed down with a can for at least 20 minutes. We like to do this before work in the am, so when we get home its ready to go.
- Drain the liquid from tofu and cut the slices into cubes.
- In a large sauté pan, heat enough oil to cover the bottom.
- Add tofu to the pan and let it sear – don’t try and stir it until it releases from the pan or it will stick. Toss the tofu, add the tamari, and sear it on all sides. Remove the tofu and set aside. Add a bit more oil to the pan and sauté the broccoli for 2 minutes until it chars a bit.
- Add the scallions, half a pouch of Nutty sauce and ¼ cup of water. Cook for 3 minutes, allowing the vegetables to cook through. Add tofu, the rest of the sauce, and continue to stir fry until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in cashews.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and more scallions.