Coco-Nutty Braised Chicken
GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30
What you need:
- 8 pounds of bone-in chicken thighs and legs
- Haven’s Kitchen Nutty Lemongrass Sauce
- 1 medium squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 4 cups of your favorite vegetables (we like bell pepper, green beans, broccoli or cauliflower) cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- Brodo Hearth Broth
- sea salt
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Marinate chicken with a ½ pouch of Nutty sauce Heat a Dutch oven, or other oven-proof pot, over medium-high heat and add oil. When the oil glistens, sear chicken for 3 minutes, flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Add squash and vegetables. Then add coconut milk and Brodo to cover the chicken and veggies. Add additional broth if you like it soupier!
- Cover and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes on low heat until cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.