Nutty Chicken "Paella"
Easy 30 min 5 servings
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. neutral oil, like grapeseed or sunflower
- 2 chicken thighs and one chicken breast, cut into 2 pieces, bone in and skin on salt
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup multi-colored sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- ½ cup frozen edamame
- ½ pouch Haven's Kitchen Nutty Lemongrass Sauce
- 1⅓ cup water
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- ½ bunch of cilantro, thick stems removed and chopped
How to make it:
- Heat a shallow Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan. When the oil begins to shimmer, lightly salt the chicken and add it to the pan, skin side down. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes until skin begins to crisp and brown. Turn it over and sear the other side for about 1 minute. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan, then add the onion and peppers and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice and toast in the hot oil for about 30 seconds. Add edamame, Haven's Kitchen Nutty Lemongrass Sauce, and water. Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back into the pan, nestling it into the rice. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the chicken and rice are cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Serve garnished with cashews and cilantro.