SHOP OUR APPAREL & KITCHEN GEAR!
Firecracker Salmon Bites with Gingery Miso
Makes 8 bites
What you need
- 2- .5lb salmon filets
- Neutral oil for frying
- Chili flakes
- Rice paper
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- handful of cilantro, torn
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut amino
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
How to make it
- Cook the salmon: Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add oil to coat the pan. Season the skin of the salmon with a pinch of salt and chili flakes, and lay in the pan, skin side down. Cook for about 7 minutes, until the skin is crispy and the dish flips easily. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes. Let the salmon cool a bit, then cut into 1-inch cubes – should make about 8-10 pieces
- Assemble and fry the bites: Lay a sheet of rice paper in warm water for about 15-20 seconds, then move onto a plate. In the center of the rice paper, add a piece of salmon, 2 pieces of scallion, a few cilantro leaves, one slice of jalapeño and a squeeze of Gingery Miso Sauce.
- Fold from the bottom, wrapping the paper over the salmon. Then fold in the sides, then roll to create a little package.
- Heat the pan back up and fry the salmon packages until crispy on both sides
- Make the sauce: Whisk together coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar and about ¼ pouch of Gingery miso for the dipping sauce