SHIPPING INCLUDED ON ALL ORDERS!
Harissa Simmered Eggplant
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
What you need:
- Olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2, 28 cans of whole tomatoes
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Zippy Chili Harissa
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- A handful of Italian parsley, chopped
How to make it
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot. Add the eggplant and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add tomatoes and a squeeze of harissa and simmer for about 45 minutes until the eggplant is completely tender
- Stir in the kale and let it cook for just 2 minutes, until the leaves are bright green. Remove from the heat, add in another squeeze of harissa, a squeeze of lemon, and parsley