SHIPPING INCLUDED ON ALL ORDERS!
Onepot Harissa Caprese Pasta
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What you Need:
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- generous glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth or water
- 8 oz of dried penne rigate or other pasta of choice
- handful of torn basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Zippy Chili Harissa
- 1 round of fresh mozzarella cheese
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
How to Make It:
- In a 10 inch pan or skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil and heat on medium-high.
- Add the shallots/onion and garlic and cook for a couple minutes, or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring and breaking them up a bit with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt and pepper, and a heavy pinch of the red pepper flakes (add more at the end if you want it spicier.)
- Stir in the broth, and then add the pasta and a handful of torn basil. Do your best to submerge the pasta in the liquid, gently pushing the ends down until everything is covered.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking. Squeeze ¼ pouch of Zippy Chili Harissa into the pasta. Use tongs to gently toss the pasta in the sauce for the last minute or two of cooking.
- Add the mozzarella on top some more fresh basil. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.