SHIPPING INCLUDED ON ALL ORDERS!
Gingery Miso Mushroom Congee
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
What you Need:
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- 7 cups water
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 pouch Haven's Kitchen Gingery Miso Sauce
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make It:
- In a medium pot, add your rice, water, and a hefty pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. Simmer for about 40-45 minutes until thick and creamy. Add in half a pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat, add your oil. Once oil is warm, add your sliced garlic. Cook gently until garlic is golden brown. Using a spoon, carefully remove garlic and let drain on a paper towel, leaving oil in the pan. (Congrats, you just made ‘fried’ garlic chips and garlic oil!)
- Turn your heat up to medium high, once your garlic oil is shimmering add your mushrooms. Mix just to coat with oil* and season with black pepper. Cook until your mushrooms are golden brown and delicious; season with salt at the end*
- Ladle your warm congee into four bowls, garnish with mushrooms, crispy garlic, scallions, and a drizzle of Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso! Yum!