SHOP OUR APPAREL & KITCHEN GEAR!
Harissa BBQ Spatchcocked Grilled Chicken
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
What you Need:
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- Heavy pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Zippy Chili Harissa
- Olive Oil
How to Make It:
- Remove any neck parts and gizzards that may be inside the chicken. Save for a later use or discard. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
- Remove the backbone. Using sharp kitchen shears, cut along one side of the backbone from neck to tail. Rotate the chicken and cut along the other side of the backbone this time from tail to neck. Flip the chicken over so the inside is facing up.
- Turn the chicken back over so that the breast side is facing up. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Generously squeeze Zippy Chili Harissa and Tangy BBQ Sauce onto and under the skin.
- Oil the grill grates with a cooking oil or spray to prevent sticking. Place the chicken on the grill grates skin side down over medium indirect heat. Grill covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over (so the skin side is up). Continue to grill over indirect medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 170°-175° in the thickest part of the thigh, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the bird. Brush the chicken occasionally with Tangy BBQ and Harissa while it's cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the grill. Rest for 15 minutes before carving. Transfer to a serving platter and serve an extra squeeze of Tangy BBQ. Enjoy!