SHOP OUR APPAREL & KITCHEN GEAR!
Miso Maple Chicken over Glazed Carrots
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
What You Need:
- 4 chicken thighs, with bone and skin intact
- Olive oil
- 1 pouch Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso Sauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ pound rainbow carrots, unpeeled, rinsed, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
How to Make It:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Rub chicken all over with salt and set aside.In a small bowl, combine ½ pouch of a Gingery Miso, maple syrup and toasted sesame oil. Set aside
- In a large deep pan or pot with a lid add a glug of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs, skin side down and sear until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes. Flip the chicken and sear for another 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken
- Add sliced rainbow carrots to the pan and season with a pinch of salt. Add a ½ cup of water and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Nestle chicken back into the pan with the carrots
- Drizzle chicken and carrots with all of the miso maple mixture. Place the pan in the oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Chicken should temp at 165 degrees Fahrenheit so you know it's fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken and carrots from the oven. Spoon the reduced miso maple sauce over your chicken and enjoy!