SHOP OUR APPAREL & KITCHEN GEAR!
Mozzarella Schnitzel with Romesco
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1 pouch of Haven’s Kitchen Red Pepper Romesco
How to Make it:
- Slice fresh mozzarella into ¼ inch thick rounds. Then set up your dredging station: Flour; egg cracked into a shallow bowl and whisk until smooth; panko breadcrumbs. Generously season each with salt.
- Set a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add a glug of olive oil.
- While that heats, dredge your mozzarella: Coat the mozzarella in flour, then egg, then panko. Drop a piece of panko into the oil. If it instantly sizzles, you’re ready to cook. If not, wait a little longer
- When the oil is hot, add the breaded mozzarella. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, until deeply browned around the edges and golden in the middle. Carefully flip, then cook for another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and quickly blot both sides and remove excess oil. To serve, drizzle Red Pepper Romesco on a plate and top with your hot mozzarella schnitzel. Eat immediately