SHIPPING INCLUDED ON ALL ORDERS!
Gingery Miso Chicken and Rice
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
What you Need:
- 4 chicken thighs, with bone and skin intact
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pouch Haven's Kitchen Gingery Miso
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions, 1 whole and 1 sliced thinly
How to Make It:
- Rub chicken all over with salt and set aside.
- In a large deep pan or pot with lid add 1 Tbsp olive oil and heat over medium-heat. Add rice and toast for 2-3 minutes. Stir in half pouch of Haven's Kitchen Gingery Miso and chicken broth.
- Place chicken thighs, skin side up and add 1 whole scallion. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, once simmering, cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15-17 minutes then turn off the heat and rest for 10 minutes covered. Chicken should temp at 165 degrees Fahrenheit so you know it's fully cooked.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat add remaining olive oil and sear chicken skin to crisp up. *
- Serve chicken with miso rice and scallions, drizzle with more Haven's Kitchen Gingery Miso and enjoy!
- you can leave the chicken as is but we like the crispy skin. This technique of crisping the skin after it's steamed is called a reverse sear