Tangy BBQ Burgers with Crispy Onions
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What you Need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pouch Haven's Kitchen Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 4 slices cheese (whatever makes you happy!)
- 1 cup crispy onions *
- 4 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make It:
- Mix ground beef with salt, pepper, and 1/4 pouch of Haven's Kitchen Tangy BBQ Sauce, until combined. Form into 4 patties.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, cook burgers, adding cheese at the last minute, until golden brown and cooked to your desired temperature*. Allow burgers to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast your buns in the same pan where you cooked your burgers.
- When you're ready to assemble, start with your toasted bun, top with a cheesy patty, a generous squeeze of Haven's Kitchen Tangy BBQ, then finish with the crispy onions and your top bun. Enjoy!
- the crispy onions can be purchased, think green bean casserole topping. If you're feeling adventurous, you can make them yourself! Thinly slice shallots (1 cup once sliced) and toss in seasoned flour, making sure to shake off excess. In a pan or shallow pot add enough oil to come up about a 1/2 Inch, and heat over medium-high heat. Once oil Is hot, add onions and fry until golden. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel, season with salt.
- Red Meat Cooking temps for a 4 oz burger: Rare 3 min per side, Medium Rare 3.5 min per side, Medium 4 min per side, Medium Well 4.5 min per side, Well Done 5 min per side
- this can be made vegan using a meat alternative or veggies for the beef and cheese