FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
Pistachio Loaf Cake
Serves: 1 loaf (9 1” slices)
Total time: 2 hours
What you need:
- 1 ⅛ cup sugar
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup almond paste, room temp
- ¼ cup pistachio paste
- 1 ¼ cup butter, cubed at room temp
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free AP flour “Cup for Cup”
- ¾ tsp baking powder
How to make it:
- Prepare loaf pan by lining with parchment and nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a blender, pulse the sugar in two rounds until fine. Then blend pistachios in two rounds with a handful of the sugar until very finely ground.
- In a stand mixer, begin creaming the almond paste and pistachio paste on low speed. Slowly add in the butter, a piece at a time, allowing it to fully incorporate before continuing. This process may take several minutes but important to ensure the butter is well incorporated. Occasionally stop and scrape the mixture, it will eventually become much creamier. Add the sugar, in two rounds to the base with the salt.
- Add eggs, two at a time, making sure to incorporate after each addition. Add in the vanilla paste.
- Finally, add in the GF flour and baking powder.
- Remove bowl from mixer, use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Fold a few times with spatula to make sure there are no dry flour lumps.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan using a spatula. Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes, rotating loaf at 50 minutes. It should be deep golden, spring back lightly when touched and a tester inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Let cool and serve or wrap and freeze until ready to use. Remove from freezer one day in advance and let come to room temperature, dust with matcha powder and then cut into 1” slices.